25 April 2009

whoaaa...yippeee.....bum bum bholleeeee......oooooowoowwoooaaaaaaa

Am I crazy? No:)
Am in the Lounge - LAX - sipping hot mocha - with my notebook, all excited for my flight in next 2.5 hrsss.....am dressed in a casual looose tee and jeans so I can freely sleep ( atleast try to)..
soooo whoaaa...yippeee.....bum bum bholleeeee......oooooowoowwoooaaaaaaa
hmmm, is it this tough for everyone to leave family for sometime and live independently?? I always wanted this, but whenever I travel; I just wait and my thoughts are "when am I returning back"!!!
once am back, I have loads of marriages to attend and a small trip with H to Ooty - How does that sound??? cooollll ahh....

Something which I wanted to write today was about "Retirement". My dad got retired today. I wished him and he was going on and on ...how was his last day at work and the gifts he got and how many of his co-workers were with him...blah...blahh...wow, congragulation pa, u deserve the BEST in life and wish you a happy, fun filled retired life...
now, coming back to m thoughts, I felt he was pretending to be happy...somewhere there was an insecurity in him. I felt very sick from inside, I was not with him. I was almost in tears, when I hanged the phone, sitting idle physically; but mentally thoughts running from my childhood till date, on how we lived together. He has been my BEST FRIEND, my supporter, my mentor, I mean"EVERYTHING" and was always there when I was emotional, tired, angry, frustrated, need of money, sick just to cheer me up with his simple thoughts and never to die smile! even the smallest of accomplishment from me, make him soo happy and the first time I was travelling abroad, his happiness had no limits!!! At times, I badly want to do something, only to see that happiness in him...there is no stopping for him, when it comes to me, which might not be a big deal for rest of the world.
Today, I felt he is going through some unknown pain and I was not able to say a single word to cheer him up...Its a different case when you are retiring "RICH", unlike this case which I feel makes a lot of difference!
Whatever be it, am always going to be there WITH him and FOR him, taking care of him and his wife...
feeling better I typed..back to my self..
this is more of what I was going through today....

> Thanks Gana, Ani, Renu, Solilo, Hobo and P for the tips...am healthy now! I have been drinking only hot water from last 3 days...Bangalore air will Rejuvenate me :)

and H, pls stop worrying soo much dear, am fine:\...you are carzyyyy...coming back to trouble you...hehehehahahahaaa( cunning one)..

6 comments:

Mohan said...

Your dad need not feel insecure, he must be really lucky to have a daughter like you to think so much about him. I just can't imagine the kind of emotion a person goes through in such unforgettable milestones. I wish him all the very best :)

Just catching up with your last post and this one now... hope you are feeling better now. Take care and have a happy and safe journey.

Shrutzz said...

Thanks Mohan, that was a very nice message:) am touched!

Renu said...

I so much can understand what your father must be going thru. Yes you can reassure him all the time,but like I always tell my children that I feel very happy and relieved to see that you are always there for me, but at the same time I want to be independent in my life.
But your dad will be fine,as slowly lowly comes the acceptance of retirement.
happy journey !

Anonymous said...

Welcome to India

Gana said...

shru..really every body goes emotional reading ur blog.All these is part of life shru but i know very tough to undergo.Anyways nice to have such a caring feeling towards to own ones.Take care shru..so going to a have second honey moon going to ooty ...great enjoy madu.

Solilo said...

Shruti, I can see the excitement in your tone. Going back home and being with parents! there is nothing like that. Have fun.

As for your Dad's retirement, I remember my Dad's now. It is tough initially but I guess this is start of another phase. Do encourage them to have an active lifestyle and also be there for them. Parents who have caring children are much happier. You need not be with them 24/7 but the thought that their children care for them is a great feeling.

Enjoy Bangalore!