22 April 2009

unplanned hazards

In an over exciting mood to pack up things and head back home, am down with temperature and throat pain. Even to take a sip of my fav tea is troubling me. Now, this is not done since I want to enjoy every min of my last days here and in this state no strength to get up and talk to ppl nor work....I might have to cancel my drink date with P & T this evening, which I was soo much looking forward to ..I have a list of things to do like Laundry, packing of new clothes, shoes, collect package sent by frens from the club house, chocolates etc...etc....this is the nth time am cursing my fate and asking myself - why MEEEE????

Hopefully this American medicine helps, looks so scary for me...am taking a chance by taking aspirin since I can't visit a doc here....why????
a) Even with med insurance, its very expensive.
b) I need to take a prior appointment, which I havent and its far from the place I live. I don't have a car.
c) I have an option to go into emergency appointment, but its double the expense. When I checked with urgent care she said its $130 and I was W-H-H-A-A-T-T-T?????? Rs 6600 for consulting a doctor for Fever???? No ways~~~~ a crocin will do!
I don't want to go home SICK :(

why is it, when I plan things so well, it does'nt work. It did'nt work with my previous employer and team, when I planned it well and had dreams about it....it came crashing down right under my nose leaving me hurt....okies, my fever is twisting my brains to think unrelated things now....zoooppppp am switching my mind off now....

9 comments:

Renu said...

Wish you get well soon !

medical system abroad is completely screwed, I dont know how they call themselves developed, I prefer any day my own system in India.

Gana said...

hey shru ..u still think of us:) thats so sweeet of u.Health is important shru.I still remember sometimes u covering the shall ans sitting in a corner avoiding the AC whenever u go sick,So seems to be the same now.No worries Bangalore air will make u feel good.come soon.Take care

Anonymous said...

Try gargle.
I wish medical not to be a profession but a social responsibility run by charity and donations but it is a dream.
Get well soon.

Unknown said...

Hi Shru ...take care ...for throat pain u can have honey which is good as well as easy available there. see that u can manage till sat.... take care ...

Unknown said...

Hi Shru ...take care ...for throat pain u can have honey which is good as well as easy available there. see that u can manage till sat.... take care ...

Renu said...

Shruti..always take warm water, dont take anything chilled and take lot of liquids.
Wish you all the best !!!

Solilo said...

Aww...How are you feeling now?

If the fever and throat pain is still there then

Take 2 Ibuprofen. Get good sleep. Have some hot soup.

If sinuses are affected then instead of Ibuprofen taken Sudafed.

Both meds are OTC.

Shrutzz said...

hey Thanks to all of "YOU" there for suggesting me things...guess what, I tried it all from last 24 hrs and feeling better today...THANKS:))))

Renu said...

Thank God:), I feel very bad when young children fall sick without anyone from the family to look after them:)